CURRARONG PROGRESS ASSOCIATION INCORPORTED
Community Consultative Body to Shoalhaven City Council
MINUTES of MEETING held 14th OCT 2015
The Meeting opened at 7.35pm with an attendance of 14 persons, Clr Watson attending for Shoalhaven City Council,
Robyn, a Currarong artist, made her presentation on the upcoming art work about endangered shorebirds that will be undertaken by her in the coming months. Simon Tedder then gave a presentation about the shore birds, including measures to protect their habitats, numbers of existing Hooded Plovers, Pied Oystercatchers and Little Terns in the Shoalhaven area and other items of general interest on this topic. Both presentations were well received. Simon was presented with a Currarong 2016 calendar in appreciation of his time to attend the meeting.
Minutes of Meeting held 12th Sept.
The Minutes of the previous Sept Meeting were moved by the Secretary, seconded by Lyn and accepted.
Business arising from the Minutes
1. Acknowledging donation of funds from the Currarong Meals on Wheels group.
2. Currarong Calendar 2016 on sale over recent school holiday and long weekend period. Copies are available for purchase from Zacs. See poster on Notice Board.
The Treasurer, presented the report for period ending 30th Sept 2015. Moved by the Treasurer, seconded by Mark and accepted.
It was determined, on a motion from the Treasurer, seconded by Lyn and accepted by the meeting to close/transfer $1230.61 in the Skate Park A/c to the Associations’ General Account.
Correspondence In and Out –Business arising
2. Council letters 16th and 17th Sept advising of proposed funding for Currarong Rd and Coonemia Rd upgrades.
3. Our letters dated 6th and 7th Oct in response to item 2.
4. Council seeking community input on local maintenance items and also coastal management issues.
5. Council advise work on basketball courts; new nets, line marking and bollards should be completed by Nov.
6. Letter dated 2nd Oct – response to Progress letter re condition of Beecroft Headland tracks.
The Correspondence and Business arising were moved by the Secretary, seconded by Mark and Jos, and accepted by the Meeting.
1. Currarong Calendar 2016 sub committee Chairperson, Jos, updated the meeting on this item. To date 366 calendars (from initial order of 500 units) had been sold through various outlets, including Zacs, Shoalhaven museum and visitor centres and by volunteers outside Zacs over the holiday period. A4 envelopes are also available for sale. The calendar has proven to be popular and highly commented on locally. Our local selling volunteers were thanked for their time.
2. Ex Currarong Meals on Wheels donation to Progress. It was determined to investigate using the donated funds to purchase outside bbqs for a site in the village. Bosom Beach picnic area, which has existing facilities, was first preference. Councils’ assistance to be sought with this item.
3. Council has placed new table/seating in Dolphin Reserve, replacing older item, as requested by the Progress Association.
4. Recycling bins area Walton Way. Meeting agreed this area needs maintenance. Letter to Council
5. Walton Way road near Currarong Parkway. New road makings highlight no stopping/parking area in this location.
Council rangers to monitor.
6. Stewart Place Nowra bus interchange. Councillor Watson confirmed that funds had been allocated for upgrade
works although a start time is not currently known.
7. Coral trees Bosom Beach picnic area. This item was raised for possible Council actions. Clr Watson to follow up with resident.
8. Footpath area opposite Currarong RFS building, corner Fishery and Currarong Rds. Letter to Council requesting works be undertaken to improve pedestrian safety in this area of the village.
Close of Meeting
There being no further business the Meeting closed at 9pm with attending persons thanked for their involvement in the nights’ discussions.
*****The Next Meeting will be held Wed 11th Nov from 7.30pm.
Agenda items to the Secretary by 5th Nov.
Currarong residents and ratepayers are welcome to attend.