CURRARONG PROGRESS ASSOCIATION INCORPORTED
Community Consultative Body to Shoalhaven City Council
MINUTES of GENERAL MEETING held 12th Sept 2015
The meeting commenced at 2.05pm with an attendance of 9 community members and 11 apologies including Councillor Greg Watson Shoalhaven City Council.
Minutes of Meeting held 12th Aug 2015.
The August Minutes were accepted on a motion from the Secretary, seconded by Jos
Business arising from the Minutes
1. Progress Assoc letter to Shelley Hancock MP re degraded state of walking tracks in Beecroft Headland
2. Council agrees to undertake upgrade of basketball courts in Elliott Reserve. The Progress Associations’ donation of $1295 to assist Council in the project was accepted by Council.
3. Progress Association donations of $100 to Wildlife Rescue Service and $200 to RSPCA Nowra
4. Elliott Reserve clean up day 30th Aug. Thanks passed to Anne and the 12 other volunteers for their efforts in this area of the village. Progress Association paid $380 for a skip hire to remove some of the accumulated vegetation.
Balance of General Account as at 31st August. Income of $925.05 from membership fees $70; calendar donations $300; hall hire (yoga and dancing) $150; Council annual subsidy $500; donation $40. Expenditure of $2198.25 on hall plumbing work $1254; dog tidy bags $102.75; Chubb Service $92.07; Origin Energy $292.85; Shoalhaven Water $22.58; skip hire $380; Dept of Fair Trading $54. Report was accepted on a motion from the Secretary seconded by Anne
Correspondence In and Out
1. Council email dated 2nd Sept re basketball courts upgrade.
2. Association letters to RSPCA and Wildlife Rescue Service
3. Email dated 20th Aug re NYE proposal
4. Tax invoice to Council
5. Councils Community Newletter dated August 2015.
6. Council Business Papers for Aug/Sept
Correspondence accepted on a motion from the Secretary seconded by David
1. Notify community members of Currarong Meals on Wheels being dissolved as an incorporated body. Will continue to cook and deliver meals in the village but will be under Culburra MOW administration. Community funds held by the group will be dispersed locally.
2. Discuss NYE proposal. Decided not to proceed with this event.
3. Currarong Calendar 2016 (a project of the Association) sub-committee report. Jos and David outlined the schedule for the upcoming sale of these calendars in the village and other areas of the Shoalhaven. There is a poster on the Community Notice Board at Zacs. Calendars will go on sale from this Monday 21st Sept. (Separate notice this item will be sent).
4. Bench seat at rock pool – proposal for replacement.
5. Proposed renaming of Shoalhaven Entertainment Centre. Contact Council for details of this item.
Close of Meeting
There being no further business the Meeting closed at 3.10pm with those in attendance thanked for making the effort to come along to this Saturday meeting.
****At the next Association meeting to be held on Wed 14 Oct 2015 the Shorebird Recovery Officer from National Parks and Wildlife Service, Mr Simon Tedder will be in attendance to give a presentation on threatened shorebirds along the South Coast.
****Other Agenda items can be sent to the Secretary by Friday 9th Oct 2015.